On Fri, Jul 28, 2017, at 09:37 PM, Daniel Holth wrote:
> See how trivial it would be to put the delegated sdist generator into the
> build-backend within the confines of the current PEP?
I agree that delegation within the backend is a reasonable answer to this.
> The build-backend could point to a .py in the current directory that
> implements itself with different tools,
I think this was actually a question that someone (Nathaniel?) brought up: is
the project source directory on sys.path when the backend is loaded? I would
lean yes, so that it's possible to have a custom backend in the project tree,
but I think whoever brought it up before was leaning no.