Hi all,

There's a lot to be said about those in power choosing the map. This
article points out a lot of the good work HOT is doing to get women
involved, but this article has the same false sound bites about how OSM
works.

That gender imbalance provokes serious debate among mapmakers—one of
the more contentious battles in OSM history was in 2011, when editors
 rejected an appeal to tag “childcare” at all. (It’s since been
added.)

👿👿👿 This again! That didn't happen. Pretty sure that isn't the "more
contentious battles in OSM history".

The article links to QueeringTheMap.com, which I hadn't heard of yet,
but it looks like conservatives spammed it off the internet. 😢

There's a long history of forcing the human rights of marginalized
people to be put up for popular vote, and it's harmful to marginalized
people, so we shouldn't be telling people that OSM requires a democratic
vote.

--
Rory