Hi folks - I'd like to kick start the revamp of the ASF Committer Diversity
Survey. As agreed in the thread "On Meritocracy" sent to the ComDev lists
[1], we want to revamp the survey in order to inform our Diversity and
Inclusion strategy.

@Sharan - I believe you were the lead on this effort back in 2016, so you
input here would be valuable to help us scope the effort. Here are some
questions to help us do that:
- What's been done to revamp the survey so far? What's the current status?
- What tasks are needed so we revamp the survey?
- What technology was used to apply the survey?
- How does someone gets access to the survey's backend?

Once we have direction in these areas, I can help organize the timeline and
next steps.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear ideas on topics/questions/areas that
weren't included in the 2016 edition [2], with the caveat that we won't be
able to add them all since it would result in either a very different
survey which will be hard to use to measure change or a long survey which
people won't take.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to completing this.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5b88a314fd28ec3753fd9aa57fdf815fe9f7a64c5f60fb00e2d25bcf@%3Cdev.community.apache.org%3E
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/ASF+Committer+Diversity+Survey+-+2016