On 2019-04-13 2:37 a.m., Dinesh Joshi wrote:
Rich, Myrle – both of you made great points. I especially think non-code
contributions are critical and generally go unrecognized. They are
equally as important.

Regarding gathering data about individuals being nominated, perhaps
sending a survey to the PMC Chairs to gather the stats, would that be
reasonable? I am just trying brainstorm an effective way to gather data
around who is being left out and associated reasons.

Hi Dinesh,

I like the idea, but the devil is in the details.

PMCs tend to be overloaded with responsibilities already. Unless we provide them something well-packaged and easy to run, we won't get any data this way.

You'll also end up with serious selection bias; we'll hear back from the PMCs who are motivated to tell us about specific people, or who are idle, or who have smaller communities (because it's easy to get your hands around who all there is).

I'm not saying this isn't doable, but I am having a hard time thinking of a way that we can get a good sample this way.

-Joan

Dinesh