On 03/05/2019 09.25, Myrle Krantz wrote:
Hey all,

I asked my marketing professor for feedback on our current survey.  You can
see it in the forwarded email below (shared with his permission).

The context of my question was very gender-oriented and so he answered
accordingly.

He also has ideas about improving the formulation of our questions which I
plan to pursue with him but won't be able to get into before June.

What do you all think of splitting the survey up and taking one diversity
topic at a time?  It might also allow us to handle diversity topics more
delicately that aren't solely US-oriented...  (contributors living in
Western Europe with Arabic or Turkish origins for example).

I think this makes a lot of sense! :). If we are enough people, we might even split into some working groups and work on different aspects, then coordinate surveys etc so it doesn't overlap.

One good research is often better than ten waffly ones without depth, and as Hernan points out, different topics will also both attract different responders and slightly shape the results (whether intentional or not). If we cast the net too wide, we may end up with nothing.

Perhaps we should start by discussing which aspects we'd like to research, then percolate that into groups of topics and look at them individually.

Best Regards,
Myrle