On Mon, Jun 3, 2019, 17:37 Jose Miguel Parrella Romero <bure...@outlook.com>
wrote:

> Off-topic and as an exercise, I wrote a simpler version of The Apache Way.
> Input welcome!
> https://gist.github.com/bureado/ee91c7ebc397348b0b5e76841fe6184c
>
> Of course just translating "The Apache Way" is a mental exercise in itself
> but in doing this I tried to reduce the absolute number of words used, paid
> attention to how often are words used only once (and for those, how common
> those words might be in someone's vocabulary), simplified the titles, moved
> some things to "examples" as they distracted from the core concept (for
> translation purposes) and iterated 2x after the "final" words. The reason
> why that was helpful was because in reducing the words I introduced new
> words (such as "Openness") that are hard to translate/understand so I took
> another pass.

This is a great start, thanks for launching the effort! Updating various
pages about Apache is the single most actionable item in front of us, and
it is solvable.

It would be fun to have a stripped down Basic English language pack for
OpenOffice, to use as a starting point and flag problematic text. But that
wouldn't replace your efforts in terms of using only the most common
meanings for words with multiple meanings, or simplifing  the grammar.