I noted in the Diversity board report the following comment with regard to this topic:

"we don't have resources (people) to work on it."

I thought it worth mentioning that, with my work hat on, I have, in fact, been working this issue, and have contacted a number of Apache projects to discuss this topic, over the past few months.

In particular, I have talked with:

* Tomcat
* ActiveMQ
* Karaf
* Camel
* CXF
* Kafka
* ServiceMix

(Some of these were on-list, others were conversations with individuals.)

And I have become aware of other projects (like Cloudstack, below) that are making these efforts also.

I have, of course, had mixed results. But it's important to remember that while some changes are as easy as `sed "s/master/primary/g"`, others require deprecation cycles, coordination with upstream/downstream/dependency projects, and may take years. Starting the conversation is the important thing.

I would be glad to write some things around these topics - indeed, I'm already writing a bunch of things for https://inclusivenaming.org/ as well as the internal Red Hat effort and my personal blog.

Setting replacement *policy* has proven unproductive, elsewhere, because context matters. Telling everyone to replace "slave" with "replica" (or whatever) won't work, because every project has different needs, and the point of all of this is to choose the *right* word, not just do a blind search/replace.