On 20/05/2021 14:22, Daniel Gruno wrote:
Hi folks,
following the discussion on inclusive naming, I got to thinking and discussing a bit more with Rich and others about practical approaches we could explore under the EDI banner.

And thus, I started work on a scanner service for repositories that could identify places where we can improve wording. The resulting service I have dubbed CLC (Conscious Language Checker), and a demo is up and running at https://clcdemo.net/

I picked a few Apache projects to test it on, and you can see individual analyses by clicking on the charts, for instance https://clcdemo.net/analysis.html?project=httpd.git

Anyone can currently edit settings and see the updated result once a new scan runs (twice daily currently). This will eventually be committers only.

I am proposing we put this under the EDI banner with a public repository for the service and a .apache.org hostname, for instance clc.diversity.apache.org and then invite projects to participate once the service is production ready. I believe this could be a good practical goal to achieve at EDI, and that it could help projects more easily adjust their terminologies.

WDYT?

I like it.

Looks like Tomcat has managed to trigger a false positive in CharsetCache.java.

Might want to consider a way to handle such cases depending on how frequent they are.

Mark