chill wrote:
> There's also a couple of other options:
>
> * Toggle a 6dB increase on analog output level
> * Toggle a 0.80dB increase on analog output level

I've found a FAQ on the JustBoom website ('here'
(https://www.justboom.co/faqs/#FAQ-8)) that explains those two settings
a little.  It seems like those options mimic the ALSA sliders referred
to in that FAQ.  One goes from -6dB to 0dB, and one goes from 0dB to
+0.8dB, and they make it possible to "to set the gain to -6dB, -5.2dB,
0dB or 0.8dB".  So I think the wording of those two options in the pCP
driver seems misleading.  I think the 6dB option ought to be labelled a
*de*crease (and the toggle should perhaps be inverted?).

So to limit the output to exactly -8dB I would want to disable the 6dB
decrease (is that the same as enabling the 6dB increase?) and disable
the 0.8dB increase, then set the mixer slider to 92%.  I guess a quick
test with some connected speakers will confirm how that 6dB option
works.