chill wrote:
> I wonder if it picks the connection up again when Squeezelite tries to
> play music again.

Of course it does!  This is the 'Close output setting' option in 'Change
Squeezelite settings'.  I tried a value of 5 seconds and it seems to
make absolutely no difference to the apparent performance of Squeezelite
- it plays again instantly after being powered off for longer than the 5
second delay.  That's a good start.  But I currently have no other
options to play music on my pCP RPi, so I couldn't test toggling between
them.  I've never used Airport-sync - does it have the same option?

Paul Webster wrote:
> This might have some useful bits and pieces for you
> https://github.com/BaReinhard/Super-Simple-Raspberry-Pi-Audio-Receiver-Install

Thank you, that looks very useful.  I have no idea whether I'd be up to
the task of getting it working alongside pCP, but it's a good place to
start.