chill wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation.  Do you have any ideas why the wiringpi
> version only seems to struggle on the 4GB version of the RPi4, and seems
> fine on the 1GB version?
>
> I understand that the pigpio callback approach means that sbpd still
> needs a bit more of a rewrite to handle the callbacks correctly, so that
> the actions for different button presses will be called appropriately.
> I have rotary encoder somewhere, and will try to test that part of
> sbpd-pigpio's functionality this evening.  Is it likely to have the same
> issue as the button presses - will a turn in either direction do the
> same thing?
>
> I didn't realise that Squeezelite also uses wiringpi.  I had to check
> its command line parameters to find that it can use a GPIO pin to
> control the power to an amplifier.  And I now see that it's one of the
> options exposed in the Squeezelite tab of pCP - I don't think I'd ever
> looked that far down the list of Squeezelite options!

I added that option to squeezelite many years ago....

Please test an encoder,  pigpio encoder handling is the same as was in
wiringpi.  But pippin already had rate limiting in sbpd for encoders.

piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please 'donate'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted)
if you like the piCorePlayer