paul- wrote:
> I realized that I was just calling the same function irregardless of
> pin, this should fix that.
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/5mlvm1pyu4q6wgp/sbpd-pigpio
>
> I also tweaked the encoder to hopefully soften up the indexing.

Excellent, thank you.  The buttons work perfectly now.  They all do
something different, and they seem to be 100% reliable.  It's good to
have them working properly again with my 4B 4GB.

The encoder doesn't seem noticeably different - it still produces as
many +2 increments as +1s.  But that's not really a concern I think -
audibly the volume responds very smoothly, and only by looking at the
verbose output can you tell that the smallest increment is often a 2.
Faster turns trigger bigger increments and the volume changes faster, so
all very intuitive.

Thanks for your work with this Paul - much appreciated.  Assuming sbpd
moves permanently to pigpio, is there an equivalent of the 'gpio'
utility that comes with wiringpi?  Just curious because I made a script
to control a fan which relies on being able to read and set pin states
from the command line.