I'm a developer trying to choose what framework to use. I would like to
give my perspective on the situation. I would personally like to see
0.9 released real soon with a roadmap of what is coming for the 1.0
release and what might not be backwards compatible. I can easily see
that this framework has been proven on some high traffic sites and I
feel it's stable. Rails hasn't released 1.0 and it certianly has had
developer buy in. I think releasing the 0.9 and then the 1.0 will make
you look active and agressive.

I also think ajax is is more important than some others think. This is
probably just because there are a lot of other things that truly are
more important.

Ajax is really hot right now and I could see loosing some developers
because it's not as on the forefront of the whole web 2.0 hyped up
junk. Ajax is more about usability than eye candy or at least it should
be. That being said. I know I can use ajax really easy inside of a
django project but will anyone choose another framework based on most
of the other ones having "ajax support".

I think what you guys are going for is wanting developers to think that
your project is stable, relevant, and has a rapidly growing community.

I think you guys have done a great job and I look forward to seeing
this project progress.