I enabled it in the runserver function of management.py for the tests,
since I've done them on the builtin server.

I just finished testing it with FCGI and it gives a 2x speed gain after
enabling it in the WSGIHandler.  I posted a patch with it
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/1323

Hopefuly someone will add it to the trunk :)  I'm going to test it on
all my pages in a minute and then enable on all my servers.  Maybe the
load will go down to 50 from 100 now :)