# If you want to use LDAP or OpenID, you obviously aren't going to use
# a Model for authentication. Especially not a Model which uses a SQL
# schema...

Actually, that all depends on how you want *external* authentication
to affect *internal* accounts.  It may not be enough to say that an
OpenID authentication succeeded; you may need to ask whether that
OpenID maps to a local, actual Django auth *model* record.  (And I
realize that this is version 2.0 of the previous auth discussion, and
that all of this is largely app-specific...)

The auth model needs to be flexible enough to accomodate various
incarnations, such as with LDAP, OpenID, and normal
usernamd-and-password.  So this SQL model's structure does come to
bear heavily on whether we can use other authentication mechanisms
*if* we want external auth to conveniently blend with "normal"
accounts.

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  http://www.parsed.org