Jacob Kaplan-Moss wrote:
> Just one
> example is the issue of template encodings -- do we need to start
> indicating that a certain template is UTF-8 or whatever?

May be I don't understand what do you mean...  But this problem is not
related to internals being in unicode or not. Most templates are fed to
the browser and they have to be encoded in DEFAULT_CHARSET already
(which is UTF-8 in most cases, unless someone have to deal with legacy
code). So this issue is already here because you have to feed string
data to templates also in UTF-8.

> "... with too little payoff." -- right now it's completely possible
> to nicely handle Unicode data in Django as long as you're careful.

With this I agree (with little addition that I still think we should
commit a patch fixing many template filters for non-ascii letters).