SmileyChris wrote:
> On a side note, most people just want access to media_url, so I
> actually would be happy with just
> http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2532. Every web site wanting to
> use static CSS will need to access this variable somehow, won't they?

No, I asked my two sites and they don't want this :-). Because I use
MEDIA_URL to store user files but my js and css have absolutely nothing
to do there. They live under their subversioned dirs and have thier own
STYLE_URL and JS_URL settings.

I tend to agree with Adrian that putting some settings into some default
context processor won't really help in many custom cases but will
introduce a problem of polluting template's namespace. This will lead to
people trying to have all the data in their templates and trying to do
logic there omitting views. And then we'll get another PHP written in
Django's template language (not to hit PHP but Django just have
different style).