On 8/24/06, Ivan Sagalaev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Brantley Harris wrote:
> > Maybe it's a philosophic question, but I see it best
> > defined in the "model" space because then it provides a modular
> > process for views to leverage.
>
> Manipulators can (and do) serve not only as model savers. They can
> authorize, register, send mail etc. Manipulator is just a very good
> pattern for dealing with form POSTs.
>
> I think that manipulators that save models should still look like other
> manipulators and this logic is best suitable to live in a view. If we
> relay an entire model manipulation into the model itself then we'll get
> two kinds of manipulators: those living in views and those living in models.

I think this is the crux of the problem, honestly.  We have to decide
if manipulation should be in the "model" space or the "view" space (or
is that controller?  whatev.).  I rather see it in it's own space...
MMVC anyone?  But you're right, they can certainly be used for other
uses, which is why the Manipulator class I made allows you to define
whatever save() you might want, including just returning the data so
that you can do something with it in the view.