Following suggests, I'm forwarding my mail, from the Django-users to Django-dev list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rafael SDM Sierra < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Oct 18, 2006 2:52 PM
Subject: "Pool" of "one" connection in Apache
To: django-users@googlegroups.com

Looking the django.db.backends.postgresql  source code, I saw that Django connection needs only one connection for all processes, because it uses cursors to execute sql queries. So, I develop a system that run 1000+ threads using only one connection by changing the base.py [1].

But, this solution generate a problem, apache handles each request with separeted fork processes, and so it starts one connection at database that is not more closed (remember, if I reimplement the DatabaseWrapper.close, one thread close the connection of everybody when it's done) and leave the connection opened

So I have 2 ways to solve it:
1 - Rewrite the DatabaseWrapper.close to check if the app is been called from an apache instance or from shell
2 - Implement some function that when the request is created by apache, it gets the connection from a miracle mod_python/apache/somewhere variable and doesn't close it when it's done

[1] - http://pastebin.com/808647
--
SDM Underlinux
Garimpar.com