Guys

Could someone please explain me what was a problem with unicode support
in oldforms so newforms have been made with unicode inside ?
Kick me if I wrong but what is a real reason to convert bytes back and
forth ? Religion ? I agree with everyone who says that unicode is a
must and 'legacy' charsets are crap but guys I already have a BIG
application that was about 80% migrated from other python frameworks to
django some time ago and for legacy reasons it was all in national
charset, not unicode. Then I found that oldforms support will be
dropped soon or later. So we at here have decided to start moving (yes,
moving again !!!) all our code to newforms and what we got ? We got
that we now have to recode everything to utf-8 and search for bugs in
over than 10k lines of our oldforms-based code until we move everything
to newforms and utf-8. But really why ?
Did anyone who used unicode with oldform has any problems ? I am sure
noone did.
Did anyone who used native encodings with oldforms has any problems
(except of patch against one line of code I dscribed before or #952) ?
Noone did.

So guys please explain me what was a reason to make me to migrate to
unicode ?

Django is a web framework for perfectionists with deadlines. I see may
perfectionists here but what about deadlines ?

My opinion is simple: let's decide once ether django is for unicode or
django supports both unicode and national charsets and then let's work.
If you tell me that from now there is only "unicode future" i'd agree
and start searching for bugs and sending patches like  #3370