On 2/11/07, Benjamin Slavin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please see the ticket located at:
> http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3479
>
> In terms of coding this, it's a trivial change with tremendous benefit
> for users and wouldn't hurt backwards compatibility within newforms.
> If there's support, I'll be happy to put together a patch.

As Honza suggested, you're already able to do this in a *much* more
generic fashion by simply subclassing the form and implementing
__init__(). I'm marking the ticket as a wontfix.

If you're in love with the idea, you can create your own Form
subclass, and just subclass it instead of Form whenever you use forms.
Object-oriented programming is cool. :-)

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com