and think I've got them sorted out a bit. I'm hoping to spur some
discussion on some of these, so here's a brief recap.

We currently have requests to:

#1541 - Add Multipart Message capability to mail
        This ticket's first birthday is creeping up. There's a patch here
that adds a safe method for sending multipart messages. Jacob has said
this is great, but it needs docs. HOWEVER, Gary Wilson's pointed out
that we're getting a rather ugly data tuple going on, and created 3366
->

#3366 - objectify send_mass_mail parameters
        This aims to clean up the send_mass_mail arguments by plugging them
into an object. This looks fairly sensible, and has a patch, but has
some backwards incompat. issues. This needs a design decision - and if
it's "yes", then the other tickets will probably need to be rewritten
to take this into account.

#2007 - Enable email sending in a non-default encoding.
        A pure feature request to add a new setting that could override the
charset that emails are sent in. No patch, and I'm not sure how useful
this would really be. Let me know if I'm wrong here.

#2897 - Support TLS
        This has a simple patch, and could add some nice functionality.
Adrian wontfixed it 6 months ago, but it's been reopened and a couple
of people are arguing that it's a good feature. [yes/no]?

#3307 - Add BCC to mail framework.
        I've renamed this ticket from what it used to be. This originally had
two issues - one which overlapped with #1541, and the other this BCC
request. There's a patch here with adds a parameter to send_mass_mail
to suppress the recipient list (i.e. by BCC'ing them), but Gary
Wilson's argued that it's more logical to have two parameters:
recipient_list & bcc_list. So - this just needs a design decision on
what path to take (if any).

#3605 - Simple patch to give content-type definition for sending html
mails.
        This one looks like a quick design decision.

Tickets:
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/1541
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2007
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2897