On Wed, Apr 18, Daniel Brandt wrote:

> Something has been bugging me for a while..
>
> Check out http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/3012 for a pretty
> critical patch to the locmem cache backend. The patch is accepted and
> ready for checkin, and more than two weeks have passed since. The bug
> itself was filed in february. What am I missing here? I ran into this
> problem every single day, until I found that ticket and the patch.

I can only tell you that two weeks with Easter in between isn't really that
long. It used to be a lot longer, so Django has become much better ;-)

Anyway, I can only recommend that you simply apply the patch to your own
installation (and report your results in the ticket). A patch management
system like quilt can help if you need several patches. I've been doing this
since I ran into similar problems (with different bugs, of course), and
never looked back.

Michael

--
noris network AG - Deutschherrnstraße 15-19 - D-90429 Nürnberg -
Tel +49-911-9352-0 - Fax +49-911-9352-100

Vorstand: Ingo Kraupa (Vorsitzender), Joachim Astel, Hansjochen Klenk -
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Stefan Schnabel - AG Nürnberg HRB 17689