On 18 jun, 23:17, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm going to give this one more pass and then dropout. We're just going
> around in circles now.
It's true that we are around circles, and I understand that you wann't
make that little change. It's more comfortable to have the framework
configured to your localization that:

* to thinking in in the rest of people
* doesn't continue believing that USA is the world
* and that the international standards, -created to facilitate the
data interchange between all countries-, are not worthy for them.

Indeed I just read the next news that leaves very clear what I am
saying:
http://digg.com/general_sciences/Nations_who_have_not_yet_adopted_the_metric_system_pic

"Nations who have not yet adopted the metric system"
Only 3 countries in all world have not adopted it. I'm sure that you
guess one of them. I guess it :P

> Do you really say 2007-06-18 when your friends ask you what the date is?
> Does your grandmother, who doesn't use computers as much as you do, use
> that format? We are trying to encourage websites that feel natural to
> all users, not just friendly for people who have used computers all
> their lives.
I remember to you that we are to interacting with computers, not with
persons. It's by that reason that the operating systems show date and
time in that format -at least in my Debian- but it's possible that
you're using Windows.

For Linux only: Run *ls -lF* into a shell directory and you can see
the date and time on international format.

---
I'm consequent with I'm saying but I wann't to offend nobody. I hope
that nobody feels like victim
Greetings!