On 6/26/07, Jay Parlar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > That said, mod_python does provide its own autoreloading import
> > system[1], which could probably be used for this, I suppose. By doing
> > it that way, it would only reload the one file, which should happen
> > pretty quickly. It's definitely an approach I hadn't considered, so
> > I'll add it to the list of options.
> >

> But then you need to figure out the autoreload options for any
> particular web server that might be used. The dev server does
> autoreloading, but most of the others don't by default.

Well, I was in the middle of typing "but mod_python is the only one
with the problem!" when I remembered seeing that FastCGI can not only
run as prefork, but defaults to it. I expect that would indeed exhibit
the same problem, which would, as you mention, render any mod_python
fix irrelevant.

> I'd go with the database option. These options aren't going to change
> too often, so the db's cache (if any) should return the result quick
> enough, and you know that in *all* circumstances, a db will be
> present.

Very true. And if performance does suffer, there are still a few
things that could be done to optimize it, but I'll definitely not
worry about those unless somebody has a considerable issue with it.

-Gul