Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
>         Don't reopen issues that have been marked "wontfix". This mark
>         means that the decision has been made that we can't or won't fix
>         this particular issue.  If you're not sure why, please ask on
>         `django-developers`_.
>
> That's fairly normal Open Source project practice, too. At some point,
> somebody has to get final say as to when the open/close/reopen/reclose
> cycle ends and we try to head that off early. Tickets don't get
> "wontfixed" for trivial reasons, so we ask that people respect that.

On a half-related note, I notice that a particular behaviour that I keep
django patched to avoid (case sensitive usernames in contrib.auth) has
been marked as "wontfix" with the reason " We just don't have time." (
http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2273 )

If I do the work to change the behavior (ideally, having it configurable
which behavior to use) and reopen that ticket with an acceptable patch,
is there a chance it might be accepted?

Cheers,

Mike