On 8/24/07, Gábor Farkas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> or, to turn this into more constructive discussion, what's the preferred
> thing to do, when someone does not get an answer to such a 'design
> decision needed'  mail? should he wait more than i waited before he
> re-sends his question? how much? a month? i really do not know what is
> the 'accepted' or 'patient' or 'nice' behavior in such cases...

About |<---------------->| that long :-)

Seriously, there isn't really a fixed measure here. It depends very
much on the activity in the list, and what else is going on. Generally
speaking, a week is probably on the low end of an acceptable wait -
but it depends a bit on what else is going on with django-developers.
If there are a bunch of busy threads going on simultaneously, or there
is a conference on, or people have announced that they will be   on
holiday or running silent for a bit, you would be well advised to wait
a little longer.

For the record - I didn't consider your email to be impolite/impatient
- I just wanted to point out that the reason nobody answered was
because we are all busy (a comment which is for the benefit of the
general community as much as it is for you specifically).

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)