On Aug 26, 9:44 am, "Yuri Baburov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > That being said if you could point me to the patch (if it exists) so
> > that I can try to help get it going again in or just lend another pair
> > of eyes that would be really useful. If not, and if the admin isn't in
> > too much turmoil I can start implementing something like what Tai Lee
> > illustrated.
>
> Sorry, frustrated because didn't found any suitable patches. It
> appears to be very challenging problem.
>
> Found only two related, but seemingly not complete
> patches:http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2874http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/2076
>
> Obvious there's some more related tickets without any patches, but
> they are worthless.

Did you look at #3400? It implements following related fields in the
admin 'list_filter' option.

I did look at updating this patch again to support 'list_display' but
at first glance it wasn't as trivial as I had hoped so I just ended up
using something like your 'city_state()' method.

That being said, a fresh approach to this might be worthwhile.

Cheers,
Nick