Oh, and a bit of status from my part:

I managed to run syncdb, the admin and the test suite under Jython.

The admin has problems with datetimes, but other than that, it works OK.

And the test suite reports something like a third of tests as failed.
We have work to do :D. [Nah, the great majority fails because strptime
is not present on Jython's datetime module]

As I touched many parts of Jython and Django, I'm now organizing all
the bits,  to get presentable patches (or bug reports) to both
projects.

--
Leo Soto M.