On Sat, 2007-11-10 at 11:14 -0600, Gary Wilson wrote:
> Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> > I do agree with Chris, though. It's completely unrelated to
> > auto-escaping (which will land today, most likely, since I've been
> > merging it and updating it yesterday and the day before).
>
> w00t!

For values of "today" that mean "as soon as the real world stops
interfering". :-)

> > Not sure if we should build it into admin or make the middleware a
> > requirement for admin, but this isn't a "dismiss it with a wave of the
> > hand" situation for me.
>
> By build it into admin, do you mean build it into newforms?

[...]

> The csrf middleware components could be factored out for use in both the forms
> and in the middleware.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what I mean, design-wise. I feel a little
uncomfortable about requiring the csrf key all the time in form
submissions, but I can't pin down why yet. As a consequence of that, the
middleware doesn't quite do the trick for me, because it's always on
(you can't say "don't touch this form, I'm handling it manually").

I haven't had time to think about this too much yet, but your approach
doesn't look too bad. Introducing request into BaseForm is a little
annoying, orthogonality-wise. I realise why it's needed -- we need the
session to get the token -- but it's annoying me at the moment. Like I
said, though, haven't thought about it enough to sound coherent yet. I
feel we should be doing something without over-reacting; not sure where
the middle ground is, though.

Malcolm

--
A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
http://www.pointy-stick.com/blog/