SmileyChris wrote:
> The problem is, that it still gets double-escaped. Django's
> FilterExpression checks to see if the incoming object is SafeData, but
> at this stage it is a Model object - it hasn't be translated to its
> __unicode__ value yet.

As far as I understand the thing *now*, it shouldn't make any difference
because neither your model object nor its __unicode__ is SafeData and
thus it needs escaping anyway. is_safe=True set on capfirst doesn't do
anything to this value because it wasn't SafeData before capfirst and
shouldn't become safe after.

But since you're saying about double escaping when you have only one
filter I suppose you're trying to return escaped data from __unicode__?
If yes then this is a problem.