On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 06:34 -0800, Litnimax wrote:
> Hello Malcolm.
> What is your estimation on merging your queryset-refactor branch?

When it is ready. I"m putting as much time into it as I have spare (and
then some), although I have to keep stopping to work on higher priority
tickets, so it's not 100% of my available time.

> Now  INNER JOIN isnull lookup parameter does not work for related
> models because INNER JOIN produce cartesian product between the
> specified tables (that is, each and every row in the first table is
> joined to each and every row in the second table) so there is no NULL
> records in the right table.

Yes, I understand how inner joins work.

> That means we cannot use it to find rows in a table that have no
> counterpart in another table like is done below:
>
> SELECT left_tbl.*
>   FROM left_tbl LEFT JOIN right_tbl ON left_tbl.id = right_tbl.id
>   WHERE right_tbl.id IS NULL;
>
> I looked though queryset-refactor branch.. There is so many changes so
> I doubt that we can have it in trunk in a reasonable time.

You can have your doubts if you like. I don't think they're correct.
Indeed "when it is ready" is the very definition of "reasonable time".

> How can we now  solve the task of "how to find rows in a table that
> have no counterpart in another table" ?

This is already fixed in the queryset-refactor branch, as demonstrated
here:
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/branches/queryset-refactor/tests/regressiontests/queries/models.py#L157

Regards,
Malcolm