On Nov 30, 6:33 am, "Adrian Holovaty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think we ought to call the release 2.0.

I'm -0.5 on this (if that's possible). I understand the thinking
behind it, but "1.0" isn't an arbitrary version number - it has a very
specific meaning: "the APIs are frozen, it's safe to build things
without worrying that backwards compatibility will be broken". That's
what we've been telling people for the past couple of years, and as a
result I feel it would be odd to use 2.0 to make the statement that
version numbers are meaningless after all.

I think that the release of v1.0 combined with the publication of the
Django Book will result in a serious uptick in interest in the project
(and that's not saying that there isn't plenty of interest already). I
wouldn't want to see some of that interest diverted by confusion over
version numbers.

Cheers,

Simon