On 8 Dec 2007, at 20:14, Kevin Menard wrote:

> Shifting to a more personal stance, I never cared much for the term
> "Web 2.0".  It seems too gimmicky.  That's largely the impression I
> get with a Django 2.0 without a prior Django 1.0.

The other problem with Django 2.0 is that Rails just released their
2.0 - which means that a Django release will look like an attempt to
catch up on the version number - obviously not the case. If we wanted
to make a statement about Django's maturity that statement could be
equally well served by jumping straight to 1.5. This would also
maintain the meaningfulness of version 1.0 - once past 1.0, backwards
compatibility with the APIs is guaranteed.