>12/01/07 18:58:39 changed by jacob  ΒΆ
>    * status changed from new to closed.
>    * resolution set to wontfix.
>OK, Malcolm and I have discussed this IRL and decided that this
ticket will just break too many people's code. We should instead
change the documentation to not suggest that people set MEDIA_URL to
"/media/" also.
Unfortunately, not the first time I see that you guys wrong understand
your users and their code :(
I can explain this only with that you have some coding practices not
shared with anyone :\
The number of django applications will grow in many times in future,
please consider that.
So I don't think you did the right decision keeping a wart when it's
still easy to remove it completely.

However I think you could easily name few more such obvious,
important, but backwards incompatible changes.
How do you like the idea to perform all such changes _at_once_ in one
of 1.0betas?

--
Best regards, Yuri V. Baburov, ICQ# 99934676, Skype: yuri.baburov,
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]