Malcolm Tredinnick said the following:
> I'm basically -0 on the change (maybe a bit more than that) and since
> it's not mountain-out-of-molehills month, I figure we can live with
> things as they are and not imposing unnecessary breakage on our
> userbase.

With respect, I think it should be necessary.

Using poor defaults that cause problems when people try to use the
common sense path for media mapping is worse than a one time tiny change
that requires the rare person to add one more setting.

Seeing as how 'django-admin.py startproject' creates a default
settings.py template that includes a value for ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX, I
think you're overestimating how many people would actually be impacted,
since I think most of them would be using a file based on that :)

--
Collin Grady

In space, no one can hear you fart.