Alright, I have been stuck with this problem for quite some time now.
I have heard from Malcom and Graham on the topic, I hope you guys
weigh in again.

I switched to WSGI mostly to get rid of the "IOError: Client read
error (Timeout?)" generated by mod_python.

So after waiting a while to see if this problem was licked, I receive
the following stack trace in my email.

Traceback (most recent call last):

 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py",
line 88, in get_response
   response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)

 File "/var/www/yttp/user/views.py", line 225, in photo_settings
   f = PhotoUpload(request.POST, request.FILES)

 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py",
line 139, in _get_post
   self._load_post_and_files()

 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py",
line 117, in _load_post_and_files
   self._post, self._files = http.parse_file_upload(header_dict,
self.raw_post_data)

 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py",
line 170, in _get_raw_post_data
   size=content_length)

 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py",
line 69, in safe_copyfileobj
   buf = fsrc.read(min(length, size))

IOError: request data read error

This looks like the same problem, if it is or isn't the same problem
could someone try to tell me what's going on here and how I might
correct or catch the issue?

Thanks.