On Jan 15, 12:12 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Alright, I have been stuck with this problem for quite some time now.
> I have heard from Malcom and Graham on the topic, I hope you guys
> weigh in again.
>
> I switched to WSGI mostly to get rid of the "IOError: Client read
> error (Timeout?)" generated bymod_python.
>
> So after waiting a while to see if this problem was licked, I receive
> the following stack trace in my email.
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py",
> line 88, in get_response
>    response = callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
>
>  File "/var/www/yttp/user/views.py", line 225, in photo_settings
>    f = PhotoUpload(request.POST, request.FILES)
>
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py",
> line 139, in _get_post
>    self._load_post_and_files()
>
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py",
> line 117, in _load_post_and_files
>    self._post, self._files = http.parse_file_upload(header_dict,
> self.raw_post_data)
>
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py",
> line 170, in _get_raw_post_data
>    size=content_length)
>
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/django/core/handlers/wsgi.py",
> line 69, in safe_copyfileobj
>    buf = fsrc.read(min(length, size))
>
> IOError: request data read error
>
> This looks like the same problem, if it is or isn't the same problem
> could someone try to tell me what's going on here and how I might
> correct or catch the issue?

As explained before could occur where doing a large file upload and
user decided to press reload, back, or otherwise interrupted the
request before the browser could send all data, with the result that
the browser dropped the socket connection to the browser.
Alternatively, the length of time to perform the upload has triggered
a timeout on some intermediate proxy or gateway. You really need to
know for sure what the user has done and what sort of stuff is in
between.

I can't remember the details of the prior discussion about this and
whether you indicated you believed the user wasn't doing anything or
how the upload was being initiated.

Graham