On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:25 AM, mrts <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  On Apr 8, 12:53 am, Malcolm Tredinnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote:
>
> > > Agreed, but as previously described, there should be a way to override
>  > > the default behaviour and retain session data if needed.
>  >
>  > No, I don't see any need for this at all. Once you've logged out, the
>  > session is over. Stuff you want to keep beyond that is not session data.
>
>  So you think "fill your shopping cart, login then logout" should empty
>  the shopping cart? This feels counter-intuitive, but it doesn't bite
>  me personally, so dismissing this case is fine by me.

No, as discussed earlier, upon login the data (shopping cart) *should*
become associated with the user, not the session. So upon logout, the
data is not lost as it is not connected to the session. To the user
the data (cart) may *appear* to be lost because they logged out and no
longer have access to the user's data, but upon logging in again, they
would be able to access it again.

Of course, for this to work one would need a carefully crafted model
(again as mentioned previously). The data (shopping cart) would need
to be attached to the session for anonymous users, but attached to the
user for logged in users. Part of logging a user in would be to make
that transition of the data from session to user. Then deleting
session data on logout becomes a non-issue.

--
----
Waylan Limberg