On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Jeremy Dunck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I think there should be a branch checking the markdown version, and
>  passing in a unicode object if  markdown.version_info >= (1,7,0,'').

Um, what about lines 71-74 [1] does not do this? Yeah the check is the
other way, but it has the same effect. Added in changeset 7423 [2]
three weeks ago.

[1]:
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/trunk/django/contrib/markup/templatetags/markup.py#L71
[2]: http://code.djangoproject.com/changeset/7423

>  Also, and probably more important: markdown allows HTML to be passed
>  in and spit out; the markdown filter marks output as safe.  Is it an
>  intended design choice to have applying the markdown filter result in
>  unescaped output?  Perhaps this side-effect should be noted in the
>  docs[2]?

Yeah, we probably should mention this in the docs, along with an
explanation of how to enable Markdown's safe_mode. Sure, it's
explained in the source, but the other markup filters don't offer any
extra features so I doubt most people even look unless they encounter
a problem.

--
----
Waylan Limberg