Thanks a lot for the good work. A newbie here, and have a question on
the comment model.

Isn't it cleaner to look at the threaded comments in another way, e.g.,
if comment B is a reply to comment A, then the content_object of B is
simply A instead of the original content object a comment is attached
to? That way you can get rid of the 'parent', because 'content_object'
is the 'parent'. You may calculate the 'level' by recursively looking at
the content_object's content_type. If it's not a comment then you've
reached the top of the thread. In this way, a non-threaded comment is
just a threaded comment with maximum level 1, and the post_comment and
reply_comment can be merged.

Also a 'modify_date' may be useful for the abstract comment model. One
of the benefits you might want to provide to the authenticated users is
to modify their comments.

Thanks,

Zhiwu Xie