Hi Dango devs,

I wanted to publicly apologize for the framing of my question... I
meant it to be humorously provocative but I fear it could be easily
misread to be rude and annoying, and not easily turned into something
productive.  That wasn't my intention.

I am curious if anyone thinks having support for outputting html4
compliant markup in Django is a good thing?  And if so, what can I do
to help make that become a reality?

In searching for previous discussions I found one that I brought up in
Jan 2007 that never got traction, though most people seemed to agree
that there was some merit to the argument...
http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_frm/thread/b2ace4f7f69a73f6/78b927bc18d093d5

There was also some discussion (and I believe an attempt) to making
templatetags for newforms, I believe, based on Simon Willison's
suggestion:
http://groups.google.com/group/django-developers/browse_frm/thread/5f3694b8a19fb9a1

Is this important for anyone else besides me?

My humble apologies,
Rob