On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 2:58 AM, Jeff Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> * http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/4996 - I don't know if it would be a
> good idea to make 'runserver' run as a daemon. Maybe it would be ok of there
> was a warning before forking.

I think that if somebody want to run native Python webserver, it's
better to use CherryPy's WSGIServer, which is really good (fast,
stable, supports threading). It's not that hard to run it yourself or
to find manuals in the internet how to do that. I personally was in
need of such thing and composed application [1], which just lets you
run CP webserver in backround (production mode) or in foreground with
output of all requests on console (debug mode).

It's quite useful, especially for developing things, which want to
access your project pages from your project code (like pingback). Plus
Django's runserver was really unstable for me in some cases (and I
didn't found trouble source :\).

[1]: http://hg.piranha.org.ua/cpserver/

--
Alexander