It's too bad you had a negative experience with someone in the IRC channel.
However, aside from how abrasive he can be from time to time, he's usually
the only one to answer questions in there. I'd guess he does a majority of
the help in there (no offense to the others that do a good deal of helping
users in the channel). To lose him from the channel would probably be a huge
blow.

--Brian Jackson