On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:48 PM, vcc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I port MS SQL pyodbc backend (django-pyodbc) to newforms-admin r7671, tested
> on ubuntu 8.04 and with SQL Server 2005.
> I found sql server need convert  boolean value to integer (BooleanField), so
> need add a new feature like 'needs_bool_to_integer' to DatabaseFeatures,
> deafult to False.
>
> Since this MS SQL backend work both on Linux and Windows, so we may consider
> have MS SQL backend back in Django internal.
>
> Please see patch in attachment.

Please see the many, many threads about MS-SQL support which discuss
at length Django's policy on adding new database backends.

We have repeatedly said that we will only consider a database backend
for inclusion in trunk when there is a demonstrated long term
commitment to supporting the patch.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)