On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:03 PM, Marty Alchin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, as long as the floor's open, I'd like to make sure file storage
> code is consistent. Currently, it uses filename instead of file_name
> or just name, and it also uses size instead of file_size. I assume I
> should go with name instead of filename, but should I use file_size,
> or should the upload stuff use size?

Yeah, let's be consistent and use "size" and "name" everywhere. In
retrospect that beginning "file_" was redundant; my bad, sorry to have
to change it!

> On a related note, when merging #5361 with the new trunk, should the
> file-related code, such as moving files and whatnot, be moved into
> django.core.filestorage.filesystem? Also, should the code in
> django.core.filestorage be moved over to the new django.core.files
> package instead?

Let's put everything file-related in django.core.files -- no need for
both locations. We won't include support for any particular
network-based file storage in django.core (that'd go in contrib,
maybe) so there's no need to qualify the filesystem part.

Jacob