Thanks for the reply.

You are of course right. I should just do my processing of urlconf
whenever
when it is needed, and leave caching to some future optimisation.

Even so; Given your definition of the signal, how come the BUILD_RULES
is
output after the request log line, is that just a property of the
print statement?

Btw, I couldn't agree more on the importance of adhering to the letter
and spirit of
HTTP. The whole RESTful approach makes perfect sense to me.