El 28/08/2008, a las 0:27, David Cramer escribió:

> Really I'm stuck at an architectural point.
>
> I have database validation and synchronization done, and the admin
> is working.
>
> What is left is more or less handling relatedfield lookups. The
> issue is, that field's are designed to reference more than one
> field, so it's a tough design deicision to make on how that should
> be approached.

  I think the best (and the only one right) solution involves adding
multicolumn fields to Django and doing lookups with some syntax like
Model.objects.get(pk=('foo', 1)). There are other hackish approaches,
like using hash(tuple(pk[0], pk[1], ..., pk[n])) as foreign key, that
could work. However, I won't rely on them, since I'm not sure if
hash() implementation is guaranteed to be kept as is.

On other related point, what's the status of multicolumn fields?

Regards,
        Alberto