On Sep 10, 3:32 am, Ville Säävuori <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> About the {% doctype %} tag, should we then maintain a (potentially
> long?) list of different doctypes and/or should there be a way to
> define your own?

I think we should maintain a list of doctypes - there really aren't
that many: xhtml1, xhtml1trans, xhtml1frameset, html4, html4trans,
html4frameset, xhtml11 and html5 should cover everything.

The current design of the {% doctype %} tag supports setting your own
custom doctype using the "silent" argument. You need to pick a
supported doctype that is closest to your own, then supress output
with "silent" and add your own instead:

{% doctype "xhtml1" silent %}<!DOCTYPE my-custom-xhtml-doctype>

Cheers,

Simon