On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:48 PM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've also reviewed most of the features on the list. I'll talk about the
> review process -- and how y'all can contribute -- below, but if you just wanna
> see my thoughts, they're here:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pSqnCvef6OXmGWQ9qbEVMeA.

I've gone through and added my thoughts/ratings, here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pOPN5bXOplmbl1EhSLhNBTg

Fortunately, I have only a *few* differences with Jacob. :-)
Unfortunately, I pasted Jacob's ratings in my own spreadsheet to try
to compare, and that overwrote all of my comments, and the Google
Spreadsheet "undo" wouldn't work. Argh! So, I'll rewrite my notes
below. :-/

The major differences are:

* Auth-02 (Allow for extendable auth_user module): I'm -1 on this. Any
sort of framework-in-the-framework like this makes me suspicious, and
the implementation and design would have to be incredibly solid.

* Contrib-10 (Breadcrumbs): Seems a bit specialized for us.

* Form-01 (Simon's DOCTYPE template fun): I like this a lot and think
that the design is pretty sound. Let's make it happen.

* ORM-05 (Identity map): I think that sharing select_related() objects
would be a huge improvement, and that we can pull it off without
inventing an entire identity map.

* View-02 (Add RequestContext to render_to_response() by default): A
ticket or mailing-list discussion wasn't linked-to on this one, so I'm
going purely on the name of the change -- but I really don't like it.
I rarely use RequestContext; I'd even feel comfortable saying I
dislike it strongly. I would not like to see render_to_response()
require it.

Adrian